Go to the Main Business Forum page

If you're a writer, you could LOVE this next item... [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you're a writer, you could LOVE this next item...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Dien Rice
April 5, 2008, 06:39 PM
Downloaded, scanned, opened and tried it. It's literally nothing but black screen with four little green nonsense (they didn't do anything when I clicked on and tried to exit the program) icons. Depressing isn't the word for it!

In order to get out of it, since escape didn't work nor any of the meaningless icons, I had to three finger salute it and end program. Did a search but all it found was the zipped file for it so have no idea if there's anything else in there. Anyone know?

Glad it works for you, Dien, but it's not for me. Thanks anyway.
Hi Sandi,

I'm not sure why ESC didn't work to get you out of it... It should work. (It works for me.) Sometimes maybe you have to "click" on the screen before you hit the "ESC" key to make it work.

By the way, you can change the colors (you're not stuck with what it gives you!). I made mine a light blue text on dark blue background combination. (It reminds me of my old Commodore-64 - for all the old computer lovers. :) ) You can make it black text on a while background if that's what you like.

To change the colors, use the ESC key, then choose Edit >> Preferences. (Or alternatively, use Ctrl + , ).

It IS very simple - just a simple full-screen text editor. The nice thing is, it cuts out all the background - letting you focus just on writing.

Not everyone loves it - but some LOVE it, and I must say, it does help me with my own writing. :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page