Go to the Main Business Forum page

Laid Off (Again) [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Laid Off (Again)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Todd
April 7, 2008, 01:37 PM
Well, as most of you probably know I've been working full time while trying to transition into Real Estate - which hasn't been going too well. I have some small income from home with Fearless Graphics and occasional chatteling, but nothing more than a few extra bucks here and there.

Now I guess is the time to dive right in to the deep end. Laid off again, this time I lasted almost 2 years - not too shabby for a print shop job. This time, I really don't want to look for another 'J.O.B.' With a family of 4 to support, this won't be easy, but I've been ready to be my own boss for about 10 years now and I'm WAY behind schedule.

So anyway, I'm going to need to generate some quality Real Estate leads really quick. I'll be giving out business cards like crazy, but I'll also be looking for creative ways to reach my target market (first time home buyers). Any ideas will be appreciated, I'll be on a budget, but busting my @ss making contacts and generating leads.

Hopefully I'm not back in some dead end J.O.B. in a couple of months waiting for the next layoff.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page