Go to the Main Business Forum page

Should we be telling them? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Should we be telling them?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sandi Bowman
April 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
I was wondering if it's in the best interests of others out there that we tell the folks who are blatantly turning off their prospects with hype and so forth that perhaps they need to examine who they deal with and how they phrase things?

Here's the scenario: A person who has expertise in another medium, comes online and has a site, which is a tad over-done but still acceptable. I signed up for their list (out of curiosity) and the first offer was okay but the next ones are the pie in the sky and paint me a pretty picture hype types. One was from a well-known (among those who pay attention) spammer.

This person seems on the up and up and is just naive regarding online realities (or so it appears). I was able to discern wheat from chaff but, would I be doing others, who may not be astute or experienced, a disfavor if I clued this person in?

Here's my thinking: If the person stopped doing the things that can clue folks in, would it not be hurting others who would need to know the reality about their 'expertise' so they take what is written with a grain of salt?

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page