Go to the Main Business Forum page

A True Story About a Chair [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A True Story About a Chair

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Rod Carr
May 16, 2008, 05:52 PM
Micheal,

Waste of time in terms of a corporate setting? Yes, in many ways I do agree. And don't care about the corporate example cited in this story.

However, the message/reminder I take from this story is the potential of using a sign and an empty chair to generate business prospects and referrals in an appropriate public setting.

The opportunity to employ something as basic as a sign and a chair to engage in one-to-one, sit-down conversations with, and distribute hotsheets, etc., to, qualified prospects.

Twisting an approach like this to come up with creative, effective marketing tactics.

For example:

A Golf Teaching Professional sitting in the heart of a downtown financial district with a sign that reads something like "Slicing or Hooking Off the Tee? Want to Hit Straighter, Longer Drives, Fix Your Putting, or Learn How to Get Out of a Bunker EVERY time? Free Golf Lessons Here!" And maybe passing out postcards with a link to your landing page to get a FREE Golf Lessons ebook.

Or, a Marketing Consultant working a similar area with a sign that reads "Got a Marketing/Sales Problem? Sit Down and Talk With Me For FREE"

Or, a Security Systems Salesperson with a sign that reads "How To Steal Your Boss Blind! Free Report - The Facts You Need To Know!"

Or using this approach to develop a lead generation business.

Anyway, that's the basic point I didn't have time to make.

And maybe it would be better to ask others what they think of these ideas, or how they might use a low-cost sign and an empty chair to promote their own products or services?

Cheers,

Rod

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page