Go to the Main Business Forum page

3 Successful Business Models I've Seen Lately [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Successful Business Models I've Seen Lately

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

MichaelRoss
May 24, 2008, 03:05 AM
Jason,

Thanks for the added idea.

I know my local - is there such a thing - Ikea store offers Assembly for Kitchens. But dang, their prices are... rude. $150 just to put together a cupboard. Installing it is extra! So if you got ten cupboards they'll charge you $1,500 to knock 'em together. Something an experienced person could do in a few hours.

My local Ikea also offers Delivery - via a third party who has a Delivery Desk right next to the checkout.

Maybe something for women... Heavy Stuff. While I was Olympic speed walking to get the heck out of there as fast as I could before I died from starvation/dehydration and plain old lost-ness, I blurred passed a woman who was looking at a flatpack box and talking to the air, "94 kilos (206 pounds)? How am I ever gonna lift That?"

How indeed. Even a lot of Men would struggle with that - unless they know the Trick to lifting heavy things.

Another market... Stress Relief for Ikea shoppers and those at home trying to follow the dang instructions putting the blasted things together. And for those who call Support only to find they are speaking with someone in the Philippines who asks them to defy the laws of physics to get the thing together. The Ikea Shoppers Support Network for Befrazzled Ikea shoppers. :)

I do like the... send your order and we'll pick it up - and - deliver it - and assemble it, idea.

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page