Go to the Main Business Forum page

Is $50,000.00 and a new car for one day's work enough? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is $50,000.00 and a new car for one day's work enough?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

GordonJ
June 16, 2008, 02:41 PM
$50,000.00 and NEW hybrid car. Do you think that is payment enough for one day's work?

OK, I could use some help on this one. CORNHOLE (a game tossing bean bags or corn filled bags at a target) . Ever hear of it as a game? Seems to be pretty big around here. Last year the cornhole champ won a whopping 1500 dollars in a tournament.

I'm working with someone who has created a variation of this bean toss game and wants to hold a World Championships Tournament.

He wants to offer a $100,000.00 in prize money, the Grand Champion to receive the 50k and the new car.

This is part of their marketing strategy to sell the game and to form "clubs" around the country that will use this specific game and host local tournaments.

So, my questions are:

Do you belong to any gaming association, real or virtual? Do you compete in tournaments and what are the prizes? I know that POKER is huge, so, let's look at other areas, but, any online game that is interactive or any PlayStation type game that holds tournaments?

I know that Dart Players do. Horseshoe pitchers. Bowlers, used to be Putt-putt golf, frisbee tournaments, Scrabble, Monopoly etc.

I know that many thousands of people plan their vacations around the National Horseshoe Pitchers annual tournament, and they travel across the country to attend too. OMAHA has committed millions to holding onto the college baseball tournament.

EVENTS like these are great for the communities, often bringing in millions of dollars for a two week or less period.

So my bean bag people want to establish a WORLD championship with huge prize money (I think, maybe 50 grand isn't as much as they think it is)...and regional and district tournaments that local clubs could operate from.

Besides selling the games, other revenue streams memberships in the professional association, club dues and tournament sponsorship too.

IF you have any ideas on this, please post em if you got em.

Thanks,

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page