Go to the Main Business Forum page

Spies Wanted. Can you look out your window and see if... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spies Wanted. Can you look out your window and see if...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

GordonJ
June 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
your neck of the woods has anything like this? Read on.

Thanks. I want your opinions. AND, I need information about your neck of the woods. Here's why:

We're laying out the plans for a new business. Working title is Internet Marketing and Job Training Center.

Think The Learning Annex meets New Horizons Computer Training Center meets Internet Marketing Center.

A brick and mortar biz. Small footprint, approx 1800-2500 sq. ft.

We've identified 6 primary profit centers within the business:

1) Resumes Plus. A certified resume service where the job candidate is actually tested on the software and skills they claim to have and work history verification. This benefits both the employer and potential employee.

2) Skills Training. A job candidate will be able to acquire specific skills, for example, MS Excel, on-demand and be tested and certified on this new skill. Employers can get their personnel "classroom" trained when they want, not at the mercy of a "schedule".

3) Interviewing Practice. Job Candidates will be able to rehearse on-camera to strengthen their interviewing skills.

4) Internet Marketing Skill Development. Specific classes will be offered on a regular schedule and also with an ON DEMAND need. These classes will focus on web site development, marketing and e-commerce and all things Internet Marketing related.

5) ON DEMAND CLASSES. This is THE UNIQUE difference that separates IMJTC from other types of training centers. It will be made possible by using our "without walls" program which uses independent contractors to fulfill the demands.

6) Institute for Entrepreneurial Development. There is a large market of people who no longer want to pursue a job, and are looking for Entrepreneurial and Business Start-Up Opportunities. A-to-Z training and guidance and mentoring.

So here is where you come in. We know that there is ONLINE on-demand training available, but we also know that a classroom setting is a faster, quicker and more effective way to get someone trained fast.

The problem is that to get into a classrom, where your questions can be answered by a real live person looking over your shoulder, you have to find the specific class scheduled in your area.

We will offer Live Instructor training ON DEMAND. This is our unique selling proposition.

Can you please tell me in your area;

What the current job market is like?
Are there training centers that deliver Internet Marketing classes?
Can you learn a program or software WHEN you want to?

That's all. It will help us. Also, would your area have a need for this type of business?

Our prototype will set up all the "how-to" instruction for future centers.

Do you have any questions or can you toss some PROBLEMS you may be seeing with our model at me?

I do appreciate your time and attention.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. Would YOU be willing to teach a class (on ANYTHING) if one of these centers were in your neck of the woods? Not just on copywriting, but on anything in which you have some expertise.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page