Go to the Main Business Forum page

Pay what you want restaurant [Archive] - Page 7 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pay what you want restaurant

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Erik Lukas
July 14, 2008, 08:51 PM
Very cool, Dien!

I'm disappointed not to see this model work more. Something inherently appealing about running a business like this IMO :) But can't ignore reality.

Any ideas besides Don's great one price restaurant example about how to maybe make it work better?

My thoughts are a little along the lines of:

Close personal contact with each customer so they feel an inescapable, unavoidable bond (I say inescapable only because we're talking about the paying aspects)/ combine this with payments not being anonymous in any way. You aren't publicizing them but say if I was a customer I might have the feeling that you as the owner knew precisely if and what I paid.

Use negotiating tactic of starting WAY high - claim extreme value way above what you hope your average price will end up being. Don't like this very much in either negotiation or this example.

Plan for it simply to be an easy to swallow way for someone to start a relationship. Look at it as a prospecting filter and net. Get people interested and offer more and more enticing products or services :) (always a good 'strategy')

Cheers,
Erik

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page