Go to the Main Business Forum page

Howard Ruff... Where's The Economy Headed? [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Howard Ruff... Where's The Economy Headed?

Pages : 1 [2]

GordonJ
July 9, 2008, 09:42 PM
1978 and today.

2.3 approximately. 2.4 and growing daily.

See, the one thing all the pundits and especially the "Market Correctionists" don't tell you...why the cycles of always don't come into play...why the "hold on it's just a market correction phase"... is so far off base is because...

of the 2.5 and growing

There are approximately TWO and a HALF BILLION more people on the planet then there were during the recessionary 70-80s.

Now, the future can't be debated, as I've recently said...you're entitled to your opinion, but there is no argument on what is going to happen...

what happens, HAPPENS. All we can do is offer up a guess.

Some are guessing "market correction", some are backing the FED, some are buying up gold like there's no tomorrow.

Today's missile test by Iran may be the foreshawdowing of the predicted Israeli attack after the elections and before the new president takes offer (not one of my predictions however). OH, I said offer, not office...what an appropriate error.

Anyhow, what do the the TWO and HALF (and growing) billion MORE people on this planet have to do with anything. Well, gosh darn, these "noobs" on earth want to eat for one thing. Dang em.

I find myself more in Howard Ruff's camp, more toward Gary North's leaning, hey, maybe even a little Kurt thrown in too...and more certain of some really hard times ahead. And I'm not anywhere near the doom and gloom these two guys are accused of. Although, I don't think either of them is doom and gloom.

The insurance melt down will aide in expediting some hyperinflationary potential. I too, think it's too late. But, that is just my opinion. You are free to express yours. Up to a point.

We really don't need any chest thumping and YELLING and SCREAMING about one political persausion or the other...we're not going to WAKE UP anytime soon, so you can keep those opinions to your self...we all know the political sides... and we clearly know certain people's opinions on that issue. What about the bigger issue of a DEPRESSION?

Me? I'm going to contine hoarding rice and keep growing mushrooms and sprouts in the basement...should become some pretty good barter material very soon. Sooner than even Howard Ruff believes.

Gordon J. Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page