Go to the Main Business Forum page

Senators and Congressman and all the President's men... [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Senators and Congressman and all the President's men...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Todd
September 26, 2008, 03:40 PM
Right you are Michael. This Congress has been the most inept in our great history (if anyone can cite an example of any good piece of legislation that's been passed in recent years please share - I need some glimmer of hope from them).

To be fair, this meltdown did start well back in the Clinton Presidency with the wild speculation and corporate greed (along with falsifying books), Enron was just the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately, Bush missed his opportunity to make things better, as did Congress. And I fear the next President will likely make things worse instead of better.

Kennedy had it right: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Obama: What can your country do for you? How about free healthcare, free stimulus checks, profits from the rich re-distributed to the poor, and anything else I can promise you that will buy some votes...

We need to get some common sense leaders into Congress to keep whichever blowhard wins the Presidency in check.

- Todd

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page