Go to the Main Business Forum page

Senators and Congressman and all the President's men... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Senators and Congressman and all the President's men...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GordonJ
September 24, 2008, 09:41 AM
...can't put Wall Street together again...they are the "chaplains" in the following Harry Chapin Song; Dance Band on the Titanic.

Dance band on the TitanicSing "Nearer, my God, to Thee"The iceberg's on the starboard bowWon't you dance with me

Mama stood cryin' at the docksideSayin' "Please son, don't take this trip"I said "Mama, sweet Mama, don't you worry none""Even God couldn't sink this ship"Well, the whistle blew and they turned the screwsIt turned the water into foamDestination sweet salvationGoodbye home sweet homeI'm in the dance band on the TitanicSing "Nearer, my God, to Thee"The iceberg's on the starboard bowWon't you dance with meThere was a trombone and a saxophoneThe bass and drums were cookin' up the bandstandAnd I was strummin' in the middle with this dude on the fiddleAnd we were three days out from landAnd now the foghorn's jammed and moanin'Hear it groanin' through the misty nightI heard the lookout shout down "There's icebergs around""But still everything's all right"Oh, the dance band on the TitanicSing "Nearer, my God, to Thee"The iceberg's on the starboard bowWon't you dance with meThey were burnin' all the flares for candlesIn the banquet they were throwin' in first classAnd we were blowin' waltzes in the barroomWhen the universe went CRASH!"There's no way that this could happen"I could hear the old captain curseHe ordered lifeboats away, that's when I heard the chaplain say"Women and children and chaplains first"Well, they soon used up all of the lifeboatsBut there were a lot of us left on boardI heard the drummer sayin' "Boys, just keep playin'""Now we're doin' this gig for the Lord"I heard the dance band on the TitanicSing "Nearer, my God, to Thee"The iceberg's on the starboard bowWon't you dance with meThere's a wild-eyed boy in the radio shackHe's the last remaining guestHe was tappin' in a Morse code frenzyTappin' "Please God, S.O.S."Jesus Christ can walk on the waterBut a music man will drownThey say that Nero fiddled while Rome burned upWell, I was strummin' as the ship go downI'm in the dance band on the TitanicSing "Nearer, my God, to Thee"The iceberg's on the starboard bowWon't you dance with me*****************************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5le92UmPmU A live performance of Dance Band at YouTube.
Listen closely, you'll hear the Congress and White House and Cabinent playing the same old TITANIC tune...Those whom have follwed this forum for a while know I'm an optimistic pessimist...and preparation has been by mantra from day one...ARE your prepared? We've already hit the ICEBERG. Gordon Jay Alexander PS. If any of the following people read this post, please contact me by email ASAP, OK? gjabiz@yahoo.com

PhilAnkesh KothariErik LukasPete EgelerJason CainCornellDuane AdolphMichael Bill Thanks

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page