Go to the Main Business Forum page

Business: FREE RECIPES, and Hey Richard this was my original Member's site idea... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Business: FREE RECIPES, and Hey Richard this was my original Member's site idea...

Gordon Alexander
August 1, 2000, 12:52 PM
Last year I wanted to use my eShowcase Pro as a member's only site for Chefs, Cooks and Caterers.

Bill advised me to wait for his new software. That might have been one of the reasons he groaned (or was that just me?) in Fayetteville when I started talking Ghost hunter advisor.

Anyhow, my original idea was for a place called something like;

Modern Catering Advisor, a place where chefs could gather and get new recipes.

But not just any recipes.

With the boomers getting up there, it is no secret that Type II Diabetes has become epidemic along with Diverticulosis, both diseases more than likely a result of poor dietary habits.

I know cause I have them both, and I'm trying to naturally kick this Insulin habit I've acquired.

The point is that today's caterers have to be aware that a large part of their audience, like at a wedding or family reunion, may have a disease or a reason not to eat the standard fair.

I don't do corn, popcorn, or anything with seeds.

But it is hard to go to a function and find food that I can have. If the Diverticulosis doesn't get me, then the Diabetes do...

But I'm starting to notice in more and more restaurants these issues are being addressed as was the "healthy heart" menus did a few years back.

Anyhow, I have a collection of recipes, over 10,000 at least. Most of these are for 'NORMAL' eaters, but many new ones for Today's old Geezers like me...

Hey, how about GEEZER EATER ADVISOR...

But I'm thinking of maybe using the MemberGate for a place where chefs can join and get all the latest on preparing meals in QUANTITY for these specialty groups that are springing up....

My research shows a lot of law suits popping up against restaurants for serving food that contains "hidden" secrets...

Like not telling people the meatloaf contains peanut butter or some such thing.

But, if ANY of you need a recipe for anything, just ask...

until we open on Sept. 1. I'm not going to spend my whole day tracking down recipes for everyone who visits, but since we have so few and you guys and gals have been gracious enough to stop by, go ahead, ASK, I've got FREE RECIPES

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page