Go to the Main Business Forum page

Recession ACCELERATED business and money making opportunities. [Archive] - Page 15 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recession ACCELERATED business and money making opportunities.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

MichaelRoss
December 8, 2008, 07:00 PM
Pete,

Thanks for elaborating.

I know Some Things are different between our countries. Which is why, when Gordon asked about what we See around us I saw a BOOM and reported as such, while he saw recession.

But I'm certain (based on nearly 20 experience and rational thought) that, when money is tight, sales are down, profits declining, people losing jobs left right and center, people developing retraction spending habits, etc. When that happens (recession), apart from laying people off to Save Money, businesses jettison hired in cleaning. Homes stop paying out money for cleaning.

They also restrict other extraneous spending - like Vacations. Airline trips and bookings decline. Other new and large purchases also decline.

What I am being told is... that in the USA, when all these bad times are around, people do NOT get rid of cleaners. Businesses, will lay off staff but keep a cleaner. Homes will restrict their spending but keep a cleaner. And worse, going by LB, that as their money becomes tighter and profits fall, they will Then spend money on cleaning whereas before when times were good they did not.

You say that's the way it is over there. Fine. And so I ask, why/how does this happen? What makes a business with falling profits to Now decide to be even less profitable and hire a cleaner? What makes a home with a shortage of money to have less money and Now hire a cleaner?

I'm not talking about a Specific Company doing well - even nationally. I am talking about the Industry as a whole.

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page