Go to the Main Business Forum page

Recession ACCELERATED business and money making opportunities. [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recession ACCELERATED business and money making opportunities.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

MichaelRoss
December 8, 2008, 03:31 AM
LB,

Thanks for trying to tell me otherwise.

BUT

Seeing as I have been involved in Cleaning in one way or another (owned company, employed other cleaners and have been a cleaner) since 1988 until only the last year or so (that's nearly 20 years), I'll stand by what I said and meant...

In a recession - when money is tight - the first thing to get jettisoned as an expense is cleaning.

Your wife is one single isolated case. I am talking about an Industry. And it's plain old Nuts to plonk down a substantial amount of money for a business that is less in demand when times are tough.

Yes, there are things that always sell - like Rolex Watches. But knowing of those Exceptions doesn't help you when you're getting into a business that targets general people.

Now. If times are not tough, then all bets are off. And whatever the media says is baloney - it's baloney anyway.

BTW, cleaning Always increases prior to Xmas. Always. (For those who might want to make some extra Xmas cash.)

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page