Go to the Main Business Forum page

Recession ACCELERATED business and money making opportunities. [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recession ACCELERATED business and money making opportunities.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

L.B. Jenkins
December 8, 2008, 10:16 AM
Michael,

I always like a good round of "Fist to Cuff". Keeps men manly. But all kidding aside, cleaning businesses here in the USA are on the rise. Now maybe down in OZ it is not the case. From what you're saying, your country's recessions draw people to do things differently than they do here in the States. Which means neither of us are wrong or right.

As for my wife's business increasing, it's been this way all year, not just during the holidays. Also she is not an owner, only an employee so it is not isolated.

Now I'll give you the reason why cleaning businesses do well here especially during a recession. The cleaning industry is not regulated which allows home owners, renters, and businesses to negotiate lower prices.

If the cleaning people are hungry for business they will have more work than they can handle. Remember, us Americans are to lazy to pick up after ourselves and we don't mind paying someone else to do it.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page