Go to the Main Business Forum page

How do you visualize? [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do you visualize?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Dien Rice
December 15, 2008, 03:28 AM
If visualizing worked as it's made out to, there'd be a lot of men having sex with Supermodels and other Celebrity women.

Unfortunately, those who Praise visualization suffer from Selective Memory. They remember when they did it and what they imagined happened. But forget when they did it and what they imagined did Not happen.

Visualizing results in nothing. While wanting something results in visualizing. Think about it.
Hi Michael,

I think there are multiple types of visualizing...

There's visualizing the process of doing something. I think that's what "Posh Spice" (Victoria Beckham) was talking about in my original post (at least that's how I interpreted it). She talked about it most explicitly when she talked about her own visualizing...

She said, "I'll lie in bed and think, what kind of look do I want to go for tomorrow? Then I find the pieces in my mind to create it."

It's clearly a process of figuring it out. Imagine that - wisdom from the "Spice Girls"!

Then there is just visualizing the end result of what you want. I think that's what visualizing being with a supermodel (for example) would be like. People don't visualize the process of how they could end up with a supermodel. They just visualize the end result, and that's it. As you mention, millions of guys do this - and very few of them end up with supermodels.

I don't think the two approaches are the same...

Then, Sandi brought up something too... Visualizing for "mind/body programming", and visualizing for "problem solving". Visualizing for problem solving is where you have an existing problem, and you use visualization to try to solve it. Visualizing for "mind/body programming" I guess is more about preparing for something in advance.

Also, I mentioned visualizing as if you are "inside" yourself, looking out, compared to visualizing as if you are "outside" yourself, looking at yourself doing something. (No one's picked up on this one yet... Maybe I'm just bonkers. ;) )

Anyway, I think the whole thing is not necessarily as simplistic as many people make out...

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page