Go to the Main Business Forum page

Video conference system for families living in different countries [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Video conference system for families living in different countries

Pages : [1] 2

MichaenS
January 3, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have got idea from the situation I am now in. I live in the US while my family is located in Europe. Many times I was thinking that it would be so nice to have a dinner with my parents from time to time. But the problem is that I they are so far away from me, 8 hours to fly across the Atlantic. So here is my idea... There are video conference systems which are widely used in business. Why not to use them to be in touch with parents and relatives living in other countries?

Technically it looks as follows. One of the existing video conference systems is installed in my apartment in the US and in the apartment of my parents in Europe. It must be a big monitor in a living room, video camera and a loud-speaking system that allows you to talk from any place of the room. This will creates an effect of physical presence - you can see and hear your family members all the time while you are in the room. It means that you can chat, have dinner or just spend time together with your family.

There might be expensive or affordable solutions based on one of the existing video conference system and Internet connection. The company that provides this service will specifically market it as a system for people who live away from their families. There also will be delivery and support of this service in different countries and in different languages.

The technology behind this idea is well known and widely used but it mostly targets business/corporate clients. Nobody markets this service at this angle.

One more thought...

I don't want to use a PC to provide this service. There are a lot of systems like that when you use a computer, you can use Skype or any other system, even for free.

The disadvantage of this is that you have to have your computer turned on. But, my mother, for example, doesn't know how to use a computer at all.

My idea is to provide service that will be as simple as TV. You come home, press a button and can see, talk and spend time with your family that is far away from you.

I appreciate your comments and suggestion regarding my idea.

Thank you,
Michael

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page