Go to the Main Business Forum page

Mandatory Service For All Able Young People (National Service) [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Service For All Able Young People (National Service)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Hugh
March 28, 2009, 12:17 AM
. . . our representatives and senators, none of whom read the so-called "stimulus bill", and probably won't read this one either.

And, I agree. Certainly, those who have the time should read any bill in question for themselves if they have an interest. That would be smart. But, at the same time, one certainly has the right to pass on anything he or she feels might be of interest on a topic, whether it be their own opinion or someone else's opinion, and whether it's 100% doom and gloom, 100% good news, 100% personally checked out, not checked out at all, or something in between these extremes. At this writing, it's still, more or less, a free country.

And while we're on the topic of reading bills, anyone who is interested can read about the "Read The Bills Act" at http://www.downsizedc.org/page/read_the_laws .

If this bill passes, our congresspeople will be required to attest, under penalty of purjury, that they have read every word of a bill before they cast their vote on it. But that's just what it says on the above page. I didn't read the bill itself, so don't go taking my word for it. Even so, I do have an opinion about it: I LIKE the idea!

---- Hugh

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page