Go to the Main Business Forum page

OK...ya wanna go from "Politics" to "Money-Makin'" Ideas....here goes... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OK...ya wanna go from "Politics" to "Money-Makin'" Ideas....here goes...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Adman
April 1, 2009, 11:53 AM
Below is another way I will be able to afford to stay Independent

One of my advertising projects has been to create "Menu Books" of local restaurants and place them in Lobbies of Hotels for hungry tourists to see.

Each restaurant got 2, 11" high by 17" wide, pages with 3 or 4 Photos (outside, inside, food plates and staff)

Last week I happened to notice one of the Photo Files on my harddrive. It was loaded with restaurant photos (jpegs)

There's a free program called PhotoStory3 that lets you take digital photos and turn them into a "Video-Slide Show"...with Text, Background Music and Fades in and out that makes it "seem like" a Video.

Well...I put together 3 of these for 3 restaurants....put them on one of my websites and called the restaurant owners and asked them to "Take A Look" at a "Video of THEIR restaurant".

Curiosity caused them to look (one guy went up and looked while I was on the phone with him)....with the result being I sold all 3 for $497.

So...being that I have photos from over 100 restaurants...I now have another source of income to pay for what's coming.

You could offer this as a "Service". Even if a restaurant (or any business) already has a website....they DON'T have a "Video-SlideShow".

Offer to do one of these for free and use it as an Example of what you can do...then proceed to sell the heck out of them for 4 or 500 each.

Don Alm....idea guy

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.