Go to the Main Business Forum page

It's a fine line between (some things I've noticed)... [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's a fine line between (some things I've noticed)...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

JimmyKrug
April 16, 2009, 12:23 AM
The most unique thing about any product or service isn't so much the product or service itself... it's the person delivering it that completes the equation. I did a radio interview last week where people called in and asked questions just like the one you just asked here... and that's what exactly what we got into.

In life, we have our own unique styles of "selling ourselves" and connecting with other people. When you create a sales letter for the first time, however, the result can often seem "artificial" and insincere.

The short answer is; you have to find "your voice" in sales print the way a writer finds his "voice" in writing a novel or how-to publication.

When you can sit back and look at what you've written (be it a marketing piece, how-to product, story, etc.) and you can - see yourself in it, that's the real you. That's the genuine YOU. Some are very straight forward. Others laid back. Some are scientific. Other's - folksy.

Now for the bad news....

Some people are still going to think you're a lying, two-bit #@!!%. Some will still think you're not being sincere. As soon as that no longer bothers you, you're halfway home.

Ride the fence and try to be too many things to too many people and you wind up becoming very little to crowd's of people.

Just know your subject well and allow your marketing message to evolve into a natural extension of yourself. This takes a little time and a little practice but it's well worth it in the end.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page