Go to the Main Business Forum page

inundated with real estate courses [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : inundated with real estate courses

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Fishman
May 6, 2009, 09:14 PM
TW,

You may know this site already....

http://www.papersourceonline.com/

EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about discounted "cashflows" can
be found there.

Here is my limited experience with discounted cashflows/notes.
When I brokered loans in the mid '90's, the nature of that biz put me in contact with many different types of investors.

One in paticular was an older gentleman who had been buying/investing in discounted notes. He knew how to buy them and "broker" them as well.

It was how he had paid the bills for YEARS and it was also his "retirement" income. As odd as this may sound to some, sometimes for tax purposes he would borrow money through mortgage brokers like me at a reasonable interest rate using some of his discount notes as collateral.

Then buy MORE notes at a discount to add to his portfolio.(the interest he paid was insignificant compared to the "tax break" and his yield he made)

You could tell he was a "fly low and collect the dough" kind of investor.

He wasn't all about "stuff", he was all about "time freedom" and experiences.

Although he did have a nice NEW RV in the drive way that was paid for, and probably worth more than his modest house.

One of the most "relaxed" people I ever met.

Hope the website helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and if I can I will answer to my best ability.

Fishman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page