Go to the Main Business Forum page

If you want to discuss TOLL Positions, here's a new thread. [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you want to discuss TOLL Positions, here's a new thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

L.B. Jenkins
May 17, 2009, 02:04 AM
Jerald,

That's fine if you can get a manager to talk to you. In the real world, their just not going to divulge sensitive information like that unless they know you, and trust you're not going to run to the competition.

I know for a fact if you go into a big box store asking questions like that, there not going to have time to talk to you, and may even become paranoid wondering if you are the competition.

Thank you for your feedback.

It sounds like this may have been your experience, but fortunately it is not mine. And just because you say it's not possible, doesn't make it so.

One of the skills a traveling salesman must learn is how to get people to talk to you freely. For me I'm always honing that skill.

I walk into businesses every day and you would be shocked at the amount of information people will reveal to you when you ask them the right questions.

Owners, rather than managers will give you more information because they are proud of what they have. If you are willing to take the time to find out how they started the business, they will reveal tons of DEMAND information.

Recently, I spoke to a store manager of a very large retail business, and they revealed to me why certain products are displayed in Kiosk format and why others will always be displayed on a shelve.

And why is that important DEMAND information? Well that's information I'll keep under my hat for now.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page