Go to the Main Business Forum page

Here's why good ideas are lousy ideas... [Archive] - Page 20 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here's why good ideas are lousy ideas...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

-TW
July 28, 2009, 07:04 PM
Don -- you said...

And...of those who have "filtered me out"....I keep track of and...sure nuff, in a few weeks or months...there's a New Sign on their door...."FOR LEASE"!

... and I AGREE!!! I know this + you know this. For biz's, it's either grow or die. And the surest way to DIE, is to NOT grow -- and that is 'accomplished' by SHUTTING OUT all incoming ideas!

I think the 'reasoning' to killing all incoming ideas (WITHOUT EVEN looking at them) is they are PETRIFIED of being wrong -- making a wrong move. Therefore (they figure), if I don't make ANY move(s), I can't possibly make a WRONG move.

It's much easier to NOT take the time (+ BRAINS) needed to JUDGE which incoming ideas have merit, and which are duds -- it's much easier to just KILL ***ALL*** incoming ideas.

It may mean missing out on being right -- but it also GUARANTEES I won't make a mistake!

What they don't realize is, they are CLOSING THEMSELVES off from the ideas that COULD allow them to grow (also)!

Sad.

You know it -- and I know it -- but, unfortunately, THEY don't know it.

-- TW

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page