Go to the Main Business Forum page

An OLD post about what guys want. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : An OLD post about what guys want.

GordonJ
July 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
WOW. I just rec'd an envelope in PO Box from a post made in 1997. It is mind boggling. It was for How to Start a Cult...one of my early spams.

Anyhow, here is a post, editied to the original post and MY response, I deleted all the other responses...and did so for a reason. Which I'll get to in a moment.

little-girl

Newsgroups:
Date: 1997/04/22
Subject: WHAT IS IN GIRLS THAT ATTRACT GUYS???

HI, WHY DON'T WE START A TOPIC
AS A FEMALE, I'M INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT IS IT IN LADIES/GALS THAT
ATTRACTED THE GUYS?
HER WAIST? HER SMILE? HER HEIGHT?
My response:
Dear Little Girl;

As you see from all the responses, it is many things; but it is ALWAYS the MOMENT; and it has far less to do with appearance and qualities; and everything to do with our (guys) state of mind!

And if there is ONE secret that a girl should know, if she WANTS to
attract guys is this: break through our pre-occupation of the moment and focus your attention on our pre-occupation of a lifetime-ourselves.
We are attracted to HOW you make us feel! And for guys, the most
important feeling we want: is to feel good about ourselves.
END
I stand by that advice today, some 12 years later. It has been the central theme of my time on the Internet...the pre-occupations of life.

I've written a report about it. I've hammered it here and at other forums.

I've drawn PictoGrigms to show it.

And it is one of the most powerful tools you will ever apply, the tool of KNOWING, the tool of KNOWLEDGE that simply says; we are living in our own little bubble and so is everyone else.

Get that. You get almost everything else.

You get WHY your sales pitch is falling on deaf ears.
You get WHY the girl isn't giving you the time of day.
You get HOW to approach people with your message, be it one of love or one of profit or one of mutual benefit.

And when you “get it”, then it all becomes much easier, you come out of the FOG and end up on the beautiful and sunny beaches of life.

OK, now I've got to send a letter to someone who wants to start a CULT, should I be worried he's in Montana?

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. The original “report” was for starting a cult (or CLUB) or a membership type web site...and that was back in 1995. My bane, being too far ahead of the wave.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page