Go to the Main Business Forum page

Selling Electricity [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Selling Electricity

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

katrenias
July 21, 2009, 02:52 PM
I am working for a small Electricity Broker. Basically deregulated zones in the state of Texas have a choice of about 50 different retail electric providers... The company I work for has agreements with about 10~ retail providers that pay us a small fee per kWh.

(I get paid salary plus 20% of that)

We get a good amount of leads but they are all small....... Rarely I get an account thats between 500,000 kWh and 3,000,000 kWh per year...

On a rare deal thats around 2 million or so kWh per year... I get around $100 per month for however many years they signed for.......

I have done the math and based on current leads its simply IMPOSSIBLE for me to make as much money as I need want and deserve.......

So........ I am trying to find ways to make larger sales! I have even considered just being the broker myself! I need to find away to control my income better!

I am thinking that if I could figure out a way to get my name/number out to decision makers of large companies that use large amounts of electricity.... Or huge offices, or have them calling me... or something that I can definitely "sell" them per say... I mean who doesnt want to save money on electricity!?!?

Most people pay 10-15 cent per kWh (commercial) 8-9 on the low end, and I can get people rates around 5 to 7 cent, 7 being the highest! So if I can simply get in contact with the right people its a done deal. There really is not much selling left to do once I have gotten the opportunity to show them the savings its basically a done deal!

ANY suggestions would be appreciated!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.