Go to the Main Business Forum page

"Innocent" (yet slightly insulting) phrase, they "can't" say no to... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Innocent" (yet slightly insulting) phrase, they "can't" say no to...

-TW
August 7, 2009, 02:28 PM
Ok -- this is something I came up with myself.

As I say, it's *slightly* insulting -- but it can be said completely innocently.

Take your one "king" feature or benefit -- AS IT RELATES TO YOUR PROSPECT'S *JOB* -- then stick it into this 'script'...

For example... Let's say you sell office supplies, and your main selling point is PRICE (I know that's probably a bad example).

You might say this (when leaving voicemail)... "This is about saving money on office supplies. I'm not sure if finding ways to save your company money on office supplies IS PART OF WHAT YOU DO -- BUT IF IT IS, you really should SET ASIDE TWO MINUTES to see this website: [descriptive url -- like www.SaveOnOfficeSupplies.com].

Basically you're saying that if they *CLAIM* their JOB entails finding ways to save the company money on office supplies, then they are NOT DOING THEIR JOB if they don't AT LEAST check out the website you suggest (out of the blue).

In other words, you are using their own JOB DESCRIPTION as LEVERAGE to get them to do what you want them to do (take a certain action).

Anyhow -- it's something I'm trying out on my sales/cold calls.

Cheers.

-- TW

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page