Go to the Main Business Forum page

One of "our" peeps is making it "big" (GRAND publicity stunt)-- but... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One of "our" peeps is making it "big" (GRAND publicity stunt)-- but...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

-TW
September 9, 2009, 10:49 PM
To me it seems like a stroke of genius -- but it isn't getting any play (media attention), as far as I can tell.

Tellman Knudson is walking across America BAREFOOT (a NEVER BEFORE ATTEMPTED "FEAT"), to raise 100-million for a Richard Branson related charity.

The trip just started in NYC 2-3 days ago.

BUT -- When you do a google search of the topic in "news" you get only 2-3 references (instead of the 100's you'd expect).

The kick off got him "on ABC news" -- BUT, then you find out that was on the LOCAL ABC channel (not the network) -- and it was possibly at the noon news, which NO) ONE watches (I'm not sure it was on the noon cast, but it sure looked pretty low-level).

The official site/blog only has a few comments on it -- and it's still asking for sponsors -- and doesn't show any sponsors have already signed up. One must presume he shopped around for sponsors MONTHS ahead of the launch -- and it seems he has come up empty.

He spent some of the interview asking (begging?) for sponsors -- and didn't list any as already signed up.

The concept seems like a sure-fire winner -- and yet... ???

Surely this comes under the category -- "What does a guy have to do around here to get some attention?!?"

What would you do if you were him?

-- TW

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page