Go to the Main Business Forum page

Why I Love Robert Ringer [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love Robert Ringer

Richard Dennis
June 10, 2010, 12:09 PM
Back when it first came out in the early 1970s, I bought a copy of Robert Ringer's book Winning Through Intimidation from a full-page newspaper ad.

I LOVE Ringer. His book was funny as heck, and I probably learned more from that book (which some would say was about how to sell real estate) than from any other business-oriented book I've ever read.

But more than anything, he was a role model ... because he became a #1 New York Times bestselling author by writing, self-publishing and self-promoting his book. Sounds easy today, but not 40 years ago. Ringer was the first to do it.

And to prove it wasn't a fluke, he repeated the process with a couple other books. Back in the 80s, one of the great (very long) sales letters of all-time (IMO) appeared, where Ringer told the story, Why I Hate Jay Abraham ... backhandedly endorsing Jay to business owners. I don't know if Ringer wrote the letter or if Abraham wrote it, but it was a gem.

So for me, Ringer is one of the great marketers of all time. And I believe it's worthwhile for anyone in marketing to read Ringer's take on the past & future of business in the U.S.:

The Ghost of FDR (http://blog.robertringer.com/2010/06/10/the-ghost-of-fdr/)

Richard Dennis

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page