Go to the Main Business Forum page

Have fun and make cash with a Chattel Club. [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Have fun and make cash with a Chattel Club.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

GordonJ
August 13, 2010, 08:37 PM
Tim

Thanks for asking.

Over the years I've concluded there are TWO factors which hold people back from really getting their arms around the concept of Chatteling.

1) They think too small
2) They can't pull the trigger

I've tried to show people how much stuff is out there just waiting to be flipped for a profit. So, not much to do about their thinking.

As for "pulling the trigger".

This will answer your question. My POSITION on this hasn't changed since I first wrote the first chattel report in 1995.

It is NEVER about WHAT.

It is ALWAYS about dollars. Catagory doesn't matter.

Today, it is an extremely easy and quick way to determine MARKET value. We have eBay. Simply learn to use eBay Completed Listings to find what a similar or in many cases, the exact same thing, has been sold for.

THEN, you can determine if whatever it is you find, has any STORED VALUE.

I believe I'm the only person teaching this, preaching this and not changing horses about this. STORED VALUE in chattel is what you look for.

The TV show AMERICAN PICKERS demonstrates two things very quickly...there is a TON of stuff laying around and people are willing to BUY it.

At first, like with anything, it takes time to LEARN. But all you have to do is search your local craigslist and local eBay as well as any local ads, in the newspapers or penny pinchers or trader pubs to look for stored value.

Anyone can quickly learn with a daily effort to search for stuff, compare it to completed listings or other craigslists to find STORED VALUE...then, it you have to pull the trigger.

George Marquez, one of the original Chattelers in my group has done very well, and he's still going strong after a decade.

But George isn't afraid of people and he knows and understands the whole STORED VALUE concept.

I like small, easy to carry, put in the back seat type stuff, like Bird Cages, drapes, cameras...but I look for stuff being sold which I know I can flip. All it takes is some effort and now you know how I do it.

And now you and everyone else can too.

Gordon Alexander

PS. And I never HOLD the stuff, if I have to ONLY make 500 bux on the 5 grand, or a lousy 10%, I'll do it 24/7. This is the third mistake people make, HOLDING on to stuff. Circulation of your money beats storage of your money every day of the week.

Gordon – thanks for this – a new way to view this!

I just did a craigslist for $5,000+ and quickly became overwhelmed. Any particular categories that are better than others? Or a way to know which items amongst the many are good for the 20% profit?

Tim

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page