Go to the Main Business Forum page

Would This Work Locally? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Would This Work Locally?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jason Hatchett
October 3, 2010, 10:19 AM
I’ve been trying to get a lot more local traffic to my auto listing website Spokanecars.org for a few years now so I can sell listings to auto dealers on it. I get about 500 to 600 visitors a month but I want to increase it by about 10 times.

An idea came to me in a dream, (just kidding). It came to me when I was searching Google Keyword Tool to see other local auto dealers searches. I entered a big local auto dealer like Wendle Ford and I saw that they got about 880 local searches a month. Then I went to Go Daddy to see if wendleford.com was taken. I knew it would be and it was, that’s their site. But wendleford.net was not taken. Plus the competition for Wendle ford was very low so it would be simple to get page one ranking on Google. I though I could write some content about Wendle Ford and let people know they could browse some of their inventory at Spokanecars.org.

My question is, is this something others have done or am I out of line using their name in a review site and taking some of their traffic? It could be done with most larger dealers in Spokane that get some good traffic.

Your thoughts please,
Jason Hatchett

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page