Go to the Main Business Forum page

When the student is ready, the teacher appears? The PERFECT business model (for me). [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : When the student is ready, the teacher appears? The PERFECT business model (for me).

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GordonJ
November 28, 2010, 10:17 AM
Circa June 30, 2008... ;)

Spies Wanted. Can you look out your window and see if...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21624

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

Phil

Phil,

By now, everyone knows "I ain't no Einsteim! E=mc3"

I had a friend and partner, she was a great teacher and was to be the "center" of this business. We had the space, one of the shared spaces, which is really neat if you want to start a brick and mortar biz without having to have a brick or mortar place yourself.

These have become very popular since we did ours. You buy services as you need them, or you pay a small monthly fee and schedule your time to use the conference room, video room, etc.

We actually opened. Had customers. Then two things happened. She was offered a job she couldn't refuse (mainly for health benefits) and was going to do our gig part time. And then I got sick. The precursor to my heart attack in Sept. 08.

And since then, well, I've lost two loved ones, and much sh8t has gone under my bridge. What's the saying, the best laid plans of mice and Gordon...or something like that.

It is still a good and viable idea. I tested newspaper promotions, and as I stated, we even had customers. It would be a great part-time gig for a personable writer with Internet marketing experience.

We started with Two Notebook computers, a video camera, and the office space.

Anyhow, the Cosmos said NO to that one. It likes to say NO to me, which, I guess, keeps me on the path I'm "supposed" to be on?? (Questioning the Cosmos there...while shaking my fist skyward and uttering under my breath "damn you Cosmos {not to be confused with Cosmo Kramer of Seinfeld and more recently, UNfunny standup comments}...damn you" but hoping Ol Cosmos doesn't hear and hold THAT against me too.

I think that today, an Internet Training Center would still be a great little business to operate. The demand for training is only getting larger as more and more Americans are losing jobs and are having to be retrained for their and OUR future.

But, alas, I'm probably not the guy to do it. Too much energy required and I just don't have it anymore. My rehab has me at about 45% of where I was before the heart attack, better than 30% but still a long way to go...and although I won't make it back to 100, if I can get to 75 or 80, I'd be a happy (and less tired out) camper.

What I can do today is sit on my AZZ and talk. Which is working out OK for a handful of people. We were going to bring out the SQ1, but, again, the Cosmos has stuck her big nose into my business...

SO, it looks like something like WiZiQ might be perfect for me now. Thanks Phil, as always, you are a gold mine.

IF anyone is interested, I'll gladly share with you what we did to get customers into our training center.

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page