Go to the Main Business Forum page

Circulation, Parade of Life, OLD Gordonesque concepts... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Circulation, Parade of Life, OLD Gordonesque concepts...

GordonJ
December 28, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evergreen. It's a hot buzz word.

Well over a decade ago, I called this concept the Parade of Life.

Even though YOU may not have an interest in something, doesn't mean that millions of other's don't. Clearest example is when you have young children vs. having grandchildren.

Parents of youngsters are thinking about and BUYING things for their kids whereas the older grandparents OCCASSIONALLY buy for their grandchildren.

An EVERGREEN product would be baby food.

Anyhow, I've rec'd recent email regarding my Coaching/Life Caddy Program with questions about the concept of 'CIRCULATION'...and since many of these early SowPub posts are "lost" in the archives and many of our newer readers haven't been exposed to them...

I think it time to reintroduce them. Ignore them if they are "old hat" for you, OK?

When you put your money into a bank account, or in municipal bond, you are guaranteed not to lose it and you will get your money back plus a very small, very very small, return somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5%. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

When you put your money into circulation, by buying and selling stuff or investing in a business...your guarantee of no loss goes away as does your return on your investment get higher.

When you work with chattel, there is almost NO risk as long as you don't get greedy and try to make a killing on every deal.

Put 500 bux in the bank, or in a CD or a muni bond, and you'll get the 500 bux back plus another 50 (if you are in a Bernie Madoff type ROI scheme {caveat, there are some risk investments that pay 10%} and have a strong heart)...

Put 500 dollars into circulation by buying undervalued personal property and flipping it and then "rinse and repeat" several times a year...and your 500 could grow to several thousand dollars and provide you a ROI of hundreds of percent or more.

But it takes effort to CIRCULATE. It is easier for so many to just "trust the banks, or broker" and let their life savings ride...

And we saw in the last couple of years the loss of billions of dollars of life savings due to greed on the part of the protectors and investors of YOUR money.

It was true 20 years ago, a decade ago when Dien and I started this forum and it is TRUE today...keeping your money in CIRCULATION, and you being in control of it...will beat the daylights out of what any money manager/investor can do for you.

Heck, bury your money in a backyard (or 100,000 acre National Park) and sell TREASURE MAPS to the location and you'll beat the Lippers, the NASTY Daks, the Sure to POORS 500...every day of the week.

Well, better to start doing a little circulation of your money.

Which brings this up...there is a program about to be launched in Jan. which is relative to the VENDING business. It is a well thought out program, from an established (21 years of continuous success) company which is experiencing tremendous growth...

IF you have any inkling or desire to operate a part time (20 hour a week) "vending" business, where you have a "route" of about 10 locations, I'll show you how you can make an extra 500 bux a week (and that is a minimum)...just send me an email with the subject VENDING in the header and I'll get back to you.

Also, I've rec'd an email from an old friend of the forum and he reminded me his wife was in the Cake Decorating business, which has been written extensively about here and is somewhere in the archives...and it is just ONE example of a PARADE OF LIFE type business, which is an EVERGREEN business with constant DEMAND for a product/service and which you could become a constant SUPPLY for.

In the last few years I've added Harvey Brody's "Toll Position" to my personal mix of strategies and methodologies and it is paying off in spades.

We must remember the Parade of Life comes through here too, and although our numbers have remained about the same or have slightly grown, almost half are "new" people to SowPub with the occassional pop in from people who used to visit more often (but life got busy) and are now more established.

IF you have stuff to offer, don't think the SowPubbers have seen it before, use your sig files smartly and get some of the new people in this part of the Parade of Life.

More to come.

Gordon Alexander

PS. My email is gjabiz@yahoo.com and put VENDING into your subject header if you are interested in this new program, OK?

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page