Go to the Main Business Forum page

Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them [Archive] - Page 10 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Mugs Across America, Inc.
February 19, 2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Woody,
You are correct. There are a few ASI decorators that sell high end vitrified mugs but they are very expensive and there is an extra fee to have them fired at Vitrified temperatures of 1600 degrees. More than what we charge. I noticed you said that the C-Handle mugs get destroyed in the commercial dishwashers.
Am I correct in saying that white c handle mug is the mug you started your "Little White Mug" program with. That is the point I was making with Don Alm and his Full color dye sub mugs. It's the same cheapo ceramic C-handle. If we have a customer today that wants that style we use a similar mug made of a different Clay body-& bright white.
I am curious about something I read in your little white mug manual (where you sell this whole ads on mugs concept) When you said you got the idea from seeing a guy holding a mug with several small ads imprinted on it in a website somewhere. Do you remember what site that was? I would like to know. Thanks in advance if you can remember. I was actually surprised that since you lived in Central FL. when you started your manual, then you must have seen the mugs that Mugs Across America had done all over Orlando area, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Titusville, Haines city, Deland, Orange City...etc. We brought the concept to Florida ( Titusville actually ) back in 1989. I left Mich in 1989 to live the snowbird life and did my first 4 ad mug jobs in Fla. in Titusville, Orange City, Sanford and Apopka. We still supply those same restaurants today. I first started out using those C-handle mugs and learned that in a few months to never use them again.
You have to have Commercial grade mugs. How long did it take for you to realize the horrible breakage of using that mug back in 2006 when you sold your first couple of orders?

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page