Go to the Main Business Forum page

Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them [Archive] - Page 11 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

ThePromotionalGuy.com
February 19, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hey Mark,

Hi Woody,
You are correct. There are a few ASI decorators that sell high end vitrified mugs but they are very expensive and there is an extra fee to have them fired at Vitrified temperatures of 1600 degrees. More than what we charge. I noticed you said that the C-Handle mugs get destroyed in the commercial dishwashers. Am I correct in saying that white c handle mug is the mug you started your "Little White Mug" program with.

No. When I went in to speak with restaurant owners and managers their biggest concerns were cup breakage from their commercial dishwashers. Knowing this in advance I made a point of following up to tally any breakage. Fortunately for me none of my restaurants had breakage from their dishwashers, just employees or customers dropping the mugs on the ground which didn't amount to much.

I am curious about something I read in your little white mug manual (where you sell this whole ads on mugs concept) When you said you got the idea from seeing a guy holding a mug with several small ads imprinted on it in a website somewhere. Do you remember what site that was? I would like to know. Thanks in advance if you can remember.

When I came across that photo it was by accident. I don't remember how I came across it. I might have been doing some research at the time for my promotional products business when I came across it. That's what gave me the idea to use a promotional program to promote my business. Worked out real well.

I was actually surprised that since you lived in Central FL. when you started your manual, then you must have seen the mugs that Mugs Across America had done all over Orlando area, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Titusville, Haines city, Deland, Orange City...etc. We brought the concept to Florida ( Titusville actually ) back in 1989. I left Mich in 1989 to live the snowbird life and did my first 4 ad mug jobs in Fla. in Titusville, Orange City, Sanford and Apopka.

Looks like we were not far apart. The farthest north I did was Lakeland over to Tampa and southward to Port Charlotte across to Fort Pierce.

How long did it take for you to realize the horrible breakage of using that mug back in 2006 when you sold your first couple of orders?

I used Customer Crest mugs out of Texas. They held up real well and never had many problems with them. The biggest complaint from the restaurants managers is their customers stealing the mugs.

One of the biggest benefits for me was the clients who paid to have an ad on my mugs. Each of them started having people call into their different businesses for parts or service. When asked they told my clients they saw their ad on a mug at one of the restaurants.

That got my clients all charged up and they started buying more promotional material from me to either give away or programs I put together so they could target specific markets they were going after.

Thanks and Peace

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page