Go to the Main Business Forum page

A difficult reality from 9/11 2001 [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A difficult reality from 9/11 2001

Pages : [1] 2 3

GordonJ
February 24, 2011, 12:14 PM
This is one thing that disappointed me on Sept. 11.

I was working at a Community Computer Training Center and I was glued to the TV and the Internet...

While everyone around me simply shrugged thier shoulders and continued with their own things...

It a was a day which changed all of our lives forever...the airport security is a result of this day...

Yet, the vast majority of Americans really do have their heads in the sand when it comes to world and even American disasters, man or God made.

It is my opinion this is the reason so many Americans are in deep trouble.

The "GOOD NEWS" from this morning, ONLY 90,000 people a week filed for unemployment claims...yea...

the thinking is as long as we can keep it below 400,000 new LAID OFF or FIRED or DOWNSIZED employees a month...we're doing great.

If you or a friend or a loved one is one of the new 90,000 people who got the axe this past week...you are a simple statistic to the government and the media.

Now understand these are people who have LOST JOBS. There may be an equal number whose benefits have run out ... but they don't count...they need to get a job and quit whining.

90,000 Americans a week losing jobs is for me, DEPLORABLE. There is NO good news in these "facts" and figures about PEOPLE.

Even if you're working and have a secure job, such as a federal or state government employee...wouldn't it be wise to have an extra income source?

But what I know... the VAST majority of Americans...even those still working...are not prepared, and for the most part unconcerned about events which will effect us all. Events like...

5 buck a gallon gas prices. We're one terrorist attack on Saudi oil fields away from that being a minimum. A MINIMUM.

And 3 years ago when we were approaching 4 dollar a gallon gas prices, it created havoc on many businesses and industries, especially the travel, vacation and destination industries.

Now this is the first post in a series I'll be doing here and at www.doomgloombliss.com (http://www.doomgloombliss.com) that relates to the World Crisis...and the American crisis coming due almost entirely on our TOTAL DEPENDENCE on foreign oil.

The lip service paid by FIVE American presidents over the last 40 years regarding a comprehensive energy policy is about to bite us all in the butt.

The truth is, the VAST majority of Americans will not take note and in most cases depend upon the Gov't for bailouts of some sort.

Even if they printed enough money and gave us each 10 thousand bux, it wouldn't even begin to meet the coming, in my opinion, DISASTER which is headed our way. America is a "Titanic" headed full speed ahead toward the iceburg of dependency on foreign oil.

Five years ago I wrote about the coming Storm, which hit with great devastion in the American markets...but all that, was just the beginning.

ONE soulution for a very few of you is this: get busy making as much money as fast as you can and get rid of whatever debt you have...or else your life may change in unimaginable ways.

Quit thinking about doing something and DO something...you've got tons of ideas right here on this forum. Quit planning, hoping and wishing for the right opportunity to come around.

Start NOW, today, not mousy rat, but rat now to DO something for yourself and for your family and for your community.

We do, indeed, live in interesting times...and there has never been more opportunity to create a life you want to live with.

But you've got to ACT and solve your problems in the direction of your goals.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page