Go to the Main Business Forum page

On Going Commission... Forever? [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : On Going Commission... Forever?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Adman
March 6, 2011, 02:04 AM
Waaayy baack in 1998 a salesguy at a radio station came up with an ingenious idea for making money from car dealers.

He got his radio station management to agree to run ads promoting HIS "Auto" website called...www.MinnesotaCars.com

He would charge each dealership $200 MINimum per month.....(up to $1,000/mo... depending on how many cars were listed on the site)

He would then pay the radio station $50/mo for each dealer on the site.

When he got his 25th dealer (averaging $400/mo = $10,000/mo gross less 25 x 50 = $1,250/mo to the radio station)....he hired a salesman....and paid him $50/mo (plus bonuses) per dealer sold (The guy went out and sold over 100 dealerships. I know because I knew the salesguy who did this)

Now.....I lost contact with my salesguy however...."Minnesota Cars.com" is running better than ever. You can look in the "Dealer" area and count the participating dealers.

If you're in Southern Minn you will also see BILLBOARDS promoting "www.MinnesotaCars.com"

There are other radio stations AND TV Stations (in other states) tied in with "Auto Dealerships" where the dealers pay a Flat Fee to the stations. Some of these deals were set up by the Stations and others were set up by Individual Sales people who also set up a website for local car dealers.

Don Alm...wondering why I didn't start one of these when times were good.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page