Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ideas for selling cars [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for selling cars

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Adman
March 7, 2011, 12:43 PM
For a "steadier" and "Instant" income from working with Car Dealers.... consider offering a "On-Site Mobile Car Cleaning" Service.

A few yrs ago there was a gal who provided this to Car Dealers...mostly small, independents.

She gathered the following items;
3/4" garden hose - a few big sponges - 2 or 3 plastic buckets - 2 or 3 chamois - small hand vacuum - can of armorall - a few quarts of dawn detergent (some stuff called "New Car Smell") plus some other "chemicals" you can get at your local auto parts store AFTER you get going (to be more professional)

Now....you need some "experience" BEFORE calling on the BIG New Car Dealers that will give you Mucho Dinero so...go to some used car lots where the cars look relatively clean and tell them the following;
"Hi! I'm Kathy with Kathy’s Kar Klean. I will Wash & Clean any of your recent trade's or any of your cars...for a flat fee of $35 ea payable when I'm finished. I will wash the exterior...vacuum and Spritz the Interior....all for $35!'

Total initial investment less than $50

Kathy averaged 10 cars a day....$350....PLUS....I told her where to get the "De-ODOR" bomb to wipe out ALL smells (including Cig Smoke) and the "Black Plastic" stuff to make the Plastic look like new AND...the "Headlight Polish" to make the headlights SPARKLE....all for extra bucks.

The USED Car biz is going along OK and most of these lots do NOT have full-time maintenance people like the New Car Dealers....so....I'm thinking this can be done nowadays.

The "Cleaning & Spritzing"....gets you "IN the door"....and you can get extra bux from the other services....so...even if you charge $20 per car...you WILL get a chance to offer OTHER services.

Reminds me of when we were selling "FREE Oil Change Cards" to consumers. We'd get an Auto Repair Shop to agree to honor "FREE Oil Changes". We'd sell these to consumers for $20 to $40 ea....and....the reason why auto repair shops would be willing to provide FREE Oil Changes was to....FIND Other things that needed repairing....which brought them repair jobs they probably wouldn't get...otherwise....plus....a LOT of Local consumers who got acquainted with the shop.

Well worth thinking about.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page