Go to the Main Business Forum page

$300 A day business but no idea how to market it [Archive] - Page 23 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $300 A day business but no idea how to market it

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Skip Rosell
April 21, 2011, 03:04 PM
Cornell...thank you for taking time to write.

I never get offended by constructive criticism.

You've offered me some great advice and an offer I just cannot refuse...so yes, please count me in.

With regards to the domain name, I've done a lot of reading specifically about how Google search algorithm operates and what I have learned is that Google no longer looks at keywords in the domain name because of the numerous abuses. Instead, the search engine looks for keywords in the title and content of the page. Even metadata is no longer looked at because that too can be easily abused.

Thanks
-Samir

Hi Samir,

Thank you for bringing up this profit niche.

From the response in this thread and getting 5 sales from it shows, to some extent, that you have a marketable product. Plus your great return of 11 sales out of less then 300 clicks (4%) is more encouragement. Maybe not profit wise as far as the PPC but with some tweaking you can make even the PPC profitable.

Now your forum marketing has hit PROFIT right away with $50 in sales with no outlay of advertising. (hint, hint) 

I was not going to post any more until the weekend but I had a training session cancel so here I am.

This thread has wandered toward keywords and keywords in the domain name.

So let's talk about that part for now.

Keywords in domain name: Six or seven years ago you could put up a site with very little content, no backlinks, and just the keywords in the domain and rank number #1 on page 1 in Google for many niches. That does not happen today for the most part.

But that does not mean that it has no value. Back then Google”s algorithm may have ranked the keywords in the URL at 90% and now maybe at 10%. I say maybe because no one knows for sure since Google keeps it a secret. You said you read that keywords in the domain name has no value but I can show you 10 articles that say it does to every 10 articles that say it is not important. Because no one knows for sure. It’s a secret.

But there is some value in having the keywords in your domain name. Also if the keywords are being searched for that’s a plus.

Martin gave you 3 domain names that are better then the domain name you have now. “easily doable” has less then 10 searchers per month according to Google’s adsword tool and has no relationship with balloons.

BalloonProfits.com Balloon Profits 0 searchers per month

Balloons2Cash.com Balloon Cash 91 searchers per month

Balloons2Profits.com Balloons Profits 0 searchers per month

So out of the four domain names at least Balloon Cash has some sign of life.

Now I just did a quick keyword search and right at the top was “Balloon Money” with 1,600 monthly searches. That is taken with the dot com extension but Balloonmoneymaker.com is available. Google will still see the words Balloon Money first and it will help you rank. If you did an extensive keyword search I’m sure you could come up with a lot more keyword names with even more searchers.

I have the search results on a chart at:

http://2abc.info/balloons.pdf

From these charts you can see all are easy to rank as #1 on Google. So which one would you go with?

I’m going to keep this post on the target of “keywords” and not get into back links (look at all them big goose eggs for the backlinks) or content. I will be back on the weekend to post what I think will help you rank for free advertising. Also other ways to get more visitors for free.

Of course this is all just in my opinion and can be taken or not :)

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page