Go to the Main Business Forum page

$300 A day business but no idea how to market it [Archive] - Page 35 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $300 A day business but no idea how to market it

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39

Duane Adolph
April 23, 2011, 05:44 AM
Hi Samir,

Thanks Glad I could help. Looks like you are getting LOTS of valuable advice and help here. Good for you.

Hmm I just relpied to Ankesh's thread with some of the questions I would ask. Looking at your post now. I see that you are asking about specifically 'survey" type questions. Hmm tell you what I may have already answered this in my reply to Ankesh. Please have a look.

My thoughts:

1) I'm not sure what YOUR specific objectives are i.e sell the ebook. Build an online business to make a million etc. etc. This will help determine how you proceed and WHO you will be targeting. e.g if you CHOOSE to Target Moms, your OFFER, your COPY and even your COMPETITORS will be different than if you TARGET the unemployed.

2) Build on your success; You have made 5 sales from FORUM marketing. DUPLICATE AND DOMINATE what is working for ya'. MAY be more profitable than the PPC.

3) Another "Market" you could target are LIST OWNERS like SKIP that are looking for valuable Products to offer their lists. AKA DISTRIBUTION FOR YOU SAMIR

4) In terms of your sales letter, you could incorporate your STORY into it like you did in your initial post here at Sowpub. This will help establish a relationship with your list. You have already seen the power of this right here at Sowpub.

5) Once you start to build that list. THEN I am certain you will get questions from your subscribers and you will then get a Feel for their concerns etc.etc.

Looks like you got some work to do and some J.V's to get done :-> CONGRATS!!

Best of Success

Thank you for some great advice Duane.

The folks that I am targeting are the stay-at-home moms, cash strapped students, fixed income seniors, the unemployed, the under-paid, basically anyone looking to earn cash either on the side or fulltime depending on how much time they have available.

Based on the keyword performance, it looks like the people that are most interested in my ebook are those who are looking to earn extra cash. I know that 283 clicks is definitely not enough to come to this conclusion but at least it tells me where to start.

I like your survey idea but as Ankesh points out, can you give some pointers on what questions I would ask?

Most people here have suggested that I build a list so I am definitely looking into that. It looks like many people here favor aweber. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with MailChimp? They do not require any upfront signup fees.

Thanks
-Samir

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page