Go to the Main Business Forum page

Idea Help & Investing hint [Archive] - Page 10 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Idea Help & Investing hint

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

nick
August 11, 2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks, Phil!

I think we hit something with the hotsheet idea. You'd be surprised at how many American expats live in Jerusalem....and they don't have a clue how to work the bureaucracy! I was "lucky" to marry a local (this March!), and she's helped me through much of the bureaucracy....which could maybe be translated into many hotsheets (How to pay property taxes, how to set up a bank account, how to....)

Another thing that's big here is finding people who are honest. It's a haggling, middle eastern society where "an eye for an eye" is the norm. It's hard to trust the guy who wants to fix your car, or install new windows...it's hard to trust them with pricing and quality....so maybe a hotsheet about "these guys are the honest/fair guys." Or since I'm newly married and did the whole process in Israel, maybe a hotsheet on how to organize a beautiful wedding in the Holy Land.

SOWPubbers in other places could also make similar hotsheets. If you live in an area with lots of new people moving in, and you know who the honest plumber, mechanic, butcher and dentist etc, are....well that's golden information! Why not sell that info to newbies in you area in the form of hotsheets?

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page