Go to the Main Business Forum page

The Lemonade Stand [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Lemonade Stand

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

GordonJ
February 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
What happened when John Stossel wanted to set up a lemonade stand in New York City?

Pretty interesting. (http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blog/2012/02/23/i-tried-open-lemonade-stand-illegal-everything-airs-tonight-9pm-fox-news-channel)

Richard

Bananas. Come in boxes full of spiders. Who knows what else? What safety measures are our paid off politcos and bureaucrats doing to protect us from foreign food sources? About as much as winning the war on drugs, eh?

So, it is often better to Ask Forgiveness than to seek permission...as the old saw goes.

Maybe not with lemons or hot dogs, better plan on it. It being the red tape, the life blood of burOcrats...

Maybe the girl scouts could sell Internet Marketing Courses on how to make cookies from home...and then others could sell their courses, ala affiliate programs. With an upsell and forced continuity, hey, they could get as rich as Frank Kern. NO?

Enter Tiny the tow truck driver, the 300 pound behemoth who is debt free, works mostly in an all cash business, buying and selling things.

I wonder when the garage sale holder is going to have fill out paperwork on every 10 cent book she sells? Won't be long.

There is a huge market, growing bigger by the day as some people just want to fly low and collect the dough...the day may come soon enough it won't be allowed.

No more bake sales at elementary schools.
No more door to door fund raisers.
No more lemonade stands.

Let's create more jobs YEA YEA YEA, until you SEE the jobs being created are for more and more gov't workers...

I like what is happening to the Post Office, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people...

We need some regulations, of course. But hows about a tich of common sense to go along with it?

We have faith in the banana grower, shipper, trucker, stocker and store owner...but to put a home lemonade stand out of business because they don't know where the lemons come from...

Sour grapes to me and shame on them.

GJA

PS. It isn't too late to learn a few tricks re: fly low and collect the dough.

OH, one last note. GIGO

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page