Go to the Main Business Forum page

Hi all, new here! [Archive] - Page 26 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

GordonJ
March 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
Dien and I have an agreement, we don't second guess the other guy, and we share that with the moderators.

IF anyone's post gets deleted, they can appeal to Dien who is one of the most objective and level headed players on the Internet.

I've been deleted...and SO has Dien. And after discussing the reasons, we're pretty much always in agreement.

We protect the forum.

Period.
You don't see most of the drop in, fly by, spam that covers other forums, because we both spend time (and the moderators) EVERYDAY TO clean it off and since all the moderators are around the world, we can cover the board throughout the day

So here is what I told Don, and I'll say iit to everyone else.

Obey the rules, you won't have a problem. The FACT is the only people we've ever banned were the Don Alm BASHERS as you call them.

But in fairness, Don brought alot of that on himself.

Don Alm is always welcome to post here, as long as he follows the rules same as anyone else. Hell, he always brings a little controversy with him, and that jumps the "ratings" so to speak.

Even the sophisticated SowPubbers like a train wreck apparently.

I have a ZERO tolerance policy, and if I'm wrong, you (being everyone) can appeal to Dien and if he feels I've made an error in my judgement, he'll bring it up and we'll discuss it.

Don has not been banned, but, in reality, the Warrior Forum is probably better suited to receive Don's messages than we are at this point.

ONLY the couple of BANNED Don bashers (and they sign up with fake names and email, nothing we can do except ban their IP, but too many proxies available)...so we delete them when they show up AND they always do when Don posts.

So, Steve, and others, I take offense.

WE work too damn hard to keep this forum, maybe smaller than it could be...but, we've been doing it for 12 years now...many of our contemporaries have become ghosts towns, or like the WF, a Wild West show where the Black Hats and the White Hats have daily showdowns.

The Don Bashing Fan Club is alive and well at the WF too, but, as long as it stays over there, we don't have a problem.

For the record, I like Don. We've exchanged ideas over the years.

But whether I like or dislike anyone, has nothing to do with how this forum operates and will continue to operate hopefully, for a long time to come.

AND, like I've told several people in the past, we're NOT the only forum on the Net, if you DON'T like or can't obey the rules...Take your voice down the road, cause it ain't welcome here.

OR, as I suggested to Don and others...

YOU guys are always free to start your own...then, maybe, you'll get an understanding of what it takes to keep a forum decent without going down the anything goes road, or the self-serving fascist way some personal forums are run.

We've had a great exchange of ideas for over a decade, and differing opinions are always welcome... but civility will rule the day...or there won't be a SowPub. Dien and I are absolutely in agreement on that.

Be Civil. Say anything you want. If you need a refresher or if you are new, read the post by Dien Rice on how to post to sowpub.

Gordon Alexander

Don is still active on the Warrior Forum and others but he seems not to visit here anymore due to The Don Bashing Fan Club Lurking in the shadows.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page