Go to the Main Business Forum page

Hi all, new here! [Archive] - Page 45 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46

Eva
June 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
Obviously, I'm late to this party.

Anyway, I decided I liked this idea so much I created one of these 16-page booklets as my business card. I have a cover with a title and subhead and a simple graphic. I have as the back cover the basic "business card" info. Inside pages include:

~~What's Inside (TOC)

~~A Note From Me To My Reader (introduction)

~~Several pages that introduce and briefly describe services I offer

~~What Clients Are Saying (2 pages of testimonials on the page 8-9 "center spread")

~~Profitable Resources (links to my FREE Report squeeze pages)

~~And finally, a call-to-action for anyone who wants me to create, print and assemble a similar booklet for them!

I started cutting these myself on my $20 paper trimmer. Worked OK, but not precise enough. Went to Staples and, yes, $4 to cut 250 pieces. But they wanted $.29 each to assemble (not including paper/printing; I print my own).

So, bought a $15 Staples One Touch stapler. Turns out it is the EXACT size for saddle stitching these booklets!

I've passed a few of these around and the response has been pretty enthusiastic. At the very least, they're struck by its uniqueness as a business card. One guy expressed interest in my designing one for his business (magician and children's entertainer). And I just started handing these out 4 days ago.

I have a pretty slick and efficient color laser printer. Using Staples 32 lb. laser gloss paper, I can make these for a hard cost of about ten cents each or less.

Also planning to head out next week and make a few calls to see if I can drum up some interest in these.

One print broker I spoke to said he can't get any of his printers to do a booklet smaller than 4x6. Another thinks she can find someone. I'll be interested to find out if she can find a source and what the charge will be. I don't mind making these myself on a small scale, but I'd rather do big numbers and outsource that part of it.

Just curious, Eva, have you been able to find any clients to do these for?

That's great that they were so well received, please let us know if you find a printer for the booklets. As far as myself taking action on this kind of project, No, I have not but got inspired again by YOU taking action.

Thank you, Eva

Edit; shortrunbooklets.com does a booklet up to 5.5x8.5, 1000 copies, saddle stitch for about 47 cents a piece.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page