Go to the Main Business Forum page

Sowpub Brainstorming session...500 bux a day....HOW...IF... [Archive] - Page 22 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sowpub Brainstorming session...500 bux a day....HOW...IF...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Adman
April 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
Gordon....I'm sorry....your initial "instructions" were;
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
You fell from an airplane into a town of 25,000 people or more.
You need to make 500 bux in cash. Today. Starting at 8 ending by 5.
No support programs. No call backs. No follow up. You'll be dropped out of a plane tomorrow into another town/city.
You'll cover the USA for any city with at least 25k.
So, what do YOU do, to get the 500 cash in your pocket ASAP every day?
Any idea accepted. But once you leave town the next day, you will never see nor hear from anyone again. OK?+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

NONE of the "examples" you mentioned have anything to do with, "Dropping from an Airplane"...into an area where you are NOT known....and "picking up $500!"

So....I could....give you OVER 50 EXAMPLES of how I have started a program that took me a few days to "Set Up"...and THEN...gone out and made a minimum of $500!

However....getting back to your 1st requirement of "Dropping into an area from an airplane and....start making $500 a Day!"....I will give you a "Real Life Example" of how..."I dropped from an airplane and found a way to make a MINIMUM of $500 A DAY"

The year was Sept of 1978....I had just sold my "Burglar Alarm Co" (Securitronics Corp in Northbrook, IL) and decided to go to Aspen, CO and see a friend.

Well....as I've done NUMEROUS TIMES in my "career of being INdependent and FREE of even "Thinking about getting a....hold on while I hold my breath and say the word, "J.O.B." (Ouch! It even hurts to TYPE that word)....I discovered early in my life that (Mark this down...it's a Secret Technique I use to discover WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE TOWN)....

....I just "dropped in from an airplane" (in this case...I had landed in the Aspen Airport and got settled into my friend's home) the next morning I went downtown and asked around, where's was the MOST POPULAR BAR IN TOWN!

Well....I found it was the bar at "The Hickory House"...SO....At 3 in the afternoon....I sauntered into The Hickory House and....sure enough....the place was packed. I found one barstool open and sat down and ordered a Mick.

About 30 minutes later....3 guys sat down at a table behind me (within earshot) I picked up that 2 of the guys were the "Money" behind their setting up a New Radio Station. The 3rd guy was their General Manager.

Their topic of discussion was, "WHAT are we going to do about "PROMOTION FOR THE STATION"!

They then went into a whole list of possibilities and....as I listened....I remembered a Radio Station I had used in Northbrook, IL. Every Spring and Fall they had a Promo Program that involved consumers placing Bumper Stickers on their rear bumper (The Bumper Stickers had the call letters of the Station) The idea was for consumers to go to the sponsoring businesses and pick up a Bumper Sticker and a Coupon.

Then...during the week....someone at the radio station would drive around town....marking down license plates of vehicles that had the Station's Bumper STicker....then....at 10am on Saturday morns "Oldies But Goodies" Show...the DJ would read off 10 License Plate Numbers and....the 1st person who arrived at the Station would get to redeem ALL the coupons they had collected during the week, from the participating merchants and....redeem them for purchases.

Well....these were the days of NO "Internet"...NO Graphics Software...NO Inkjet Printers....just a "TypeSetting Machine" at a local printshop.

So....that afternoon I made up some sample pieces including the Bumper Sticker and Coupons (which I named, "BROWSER BUCKS")...and, the next morning I went to the Radio Station and showed the GM my "Bumper Bucks Promo Program" and....he LOVED IT (It was FREE to the station) and gave me the OK (most of my Sales Career I used "HandShakes" to "Seal The Deal")

I then proceed to visit local merchants and sell them on participating in the 13 week program for $495ea. In a few days I got 20 merchants to join AND pay $495 ($495 x 20 = $9,900)

My costs were about $1,000 so....from a simple idea...I made about $9,000.

So....thanks for allowing me to remember an ACTUAL...."DROP FROM A PLANE" program I did.

Don Alm....STILL "Dropping From Planes"

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page