Go to the Main Business Forum page

Do U Have The NERVE to Imitate a Billionaire at FastFood Lines? [Archive] - Page 13 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do U Have The NERVE to Imitate a Billionaire at FastFood Lines?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Cornell
May 12, 2012, 02:23 AM
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing this example from Paul Meyer...

I do believe it would work - that giving each person $100, would mean it would be more likely they would go and buy his product, even if it cost many multiples of $100...

It's a great principle to test and use...

In the direct mail field, they sometimes call it a "freemium" (a combination of a "free premium")... Here's a good article about it...

http://www.targetmarketingmag.com/article/is-it-time-test-freemium-815-words-28320#

However, what Glenn's post really shows that this principle works everywhere! A "free gift" - even a small one - will often lead to an improved response...

Personally, I like receiving free gifts... :)

I should give them out more!

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien:

I whole heartedly agree with this...in reference to my earlier grumble the difference being that it was Meyer's own product here that he was doing this with.

In the past I have added a nice crisp dollar bill in direct mail as an incentive...unfortunately Canada did away with the 1 dollar and 2 dollar bill and replaced them with coins...so now it means a 5 dollar bill if we want to do this here in Canada.

Just posted this response so that you would know that I wasn't in total disagreement with Glenn's post.

Cornell

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page