Go to the Main Business Forum page

Do U Have The NERVE to Imitate a Billionaire at FastFood Lines? [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do U Have The NERVE to Imitate a Billionaire at FastFood Lines?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

sandalwood
May 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
Cornell,

I think we understand each other. I live in the town of eternal tips, Reno NV. You can't go into an establishment and NOT see a tip jar :)

As an example, we frequent only 2 restaurants in town and the wait staff knows us. In fact, we generally always ask for the wait person by name. To date, my 20+% tip has gotten me great service but no freebies.

I'm not bragging about the size of the tip, I'm saying I bought that level of service. Under the op's post, this great tip was supposed to get me freebies. I would suspect it does in some areas. Not here.

Truth is, I bet (pun intended) if I tried that $1 approach in the dollar store three blocks from my house, the cashier would give it back to me. I don't see her giving me an extra bag of chips or cookies simply because I gave her a dollar.

On the other hand in other cities, the tipper may indeed get something. Your point about ownership is certainly spot on. I don't have employees but if I did and they started giving away my product they would no longer be employees.

OK, here is the bottom line. The theory must have worked in other cities for other people but it hasn't worked for me in this city.

As a side note, we live about 10 mis from the CA line and CA has a lottery ticket sales store on the border (imagine that). I will be out that way this Sat so I will stop in and buy 10 lottery tickets and try the op's proposal.

If it works, I'll say so. If it doesn't, well you know what I won't say.

Have a great day

Tom

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page