Go to the Main Business Forum page

How to turn 85 cents into a TWENTY DOLLAR bill in less than 3 minutes. [Archive] - Page 48 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to turn 85 cents into a TWENTY DOLLAR bill in less than 3 minutes.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48]

GordonJ
June 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
I'm surprised you haven't written a report about it yet Don.

You know, cleaning headlights hasn't been a secret. Its been going on since Auto Mfgrs switched to plastic and started coating the things.

As for DETAILING cars, GEORGE HAYLINGS, a wayyyyy back in the 50s wrote about car detailing...and in one of his reports, I believe, he talked about putting ADS ON PLACEMATS FOR RESTAURANTS.

Not much new out there.

Just because you FIRST heard about it from some report, doesn't mean it hasn't been around and written about before.

And there are literally TONS of information, and much information on the subject, just like there has been for selling ads on pizza boxes, etc.

Reminds of golfers, do they OWN just one book on the subject?

IF a person is interested in making money in a certain way, I would think they would want to KNOW as much about the subject as they can, especially from someone who is IN THE TRENCHES, DOING it day after day, I'm SURE you can appreciate that Don.

Just cause I have one report on MUG advertising, it didn't stop me from getting a couple more reports ON THE EXACT SAME SUBJECT...2008 isn't exactly the good old days...people have been detailing cars and renewing headlights for the last 20 years...2008 may have been when you came across it...but,

AGAIN, so what?

If anyone is interested in cleaning headlights as a money maker, I'd be the first person to BUY and/or get as many different perspectives and methods as you can...as long as the information comes from SOMEONE doing it.

And as I've witnessed Boz do it, he doesn't sell, he has never tried to convince someone...

I would think it would get tiring walking in the hot summer sun all day calling on businesses and trying to CONVINCE them to buy advertising...that is something where people definitely NEED to be convinced.

I think CARS are going to be around for some time.

I BELIEVE there will always be opportunity for people who want to "get their hands dirty" other than from the keyboard...

Whether they detail car (which I did over 30 years ago Don)...
clean it, wax it, fix the scratches, become the Dent King, replace transmissions, work on engines, refresh the smell, make tires look nice...

Anything and everything automotive...been around it for 50 years now Don, so I KNOW it can be very lucrative.

And doing PHYSICAL LABOR is the easiest way to get into it.

NO matter what chemicals one uses, cleaning headlights is one of the lowest cost ENTRY levels into it. 50 bux at Walmart, and in your lingo, WHALA, one is in business in an hour.

Very little NEW under the sun Don, as you well know.

Since I wrote the Chattel Report over 15 years ago, there have been scores of books, reports and articles written about it...buying and selling.

And where did I get the idea to WRITE ABOUT IT? From a guy named Dean F. V. DuVall, perhaps you remember him.

But I wrote about it based on my 30 years of DOING it Don.

I want information from the horse's mouth, not from some IDEA guy.

But, to each their own.

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page