Go to the Main Business Forum page

150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change - FREE ... GJA Mindset/Theory... [Archive] - Page 17 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change - FREE ... GJA Mindset/Theory...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

GordonJ
June 26, 2012, 07:39 PM
http://kent.craigslist.co.uk/spo/3087215789.html

Paul,

In Kent, there isn't a lot of chattel, but, there is enough. When dealing with this type of area, you have to think sides of town, or villages nearby too.

What you do is go to Craigslist and use a dollar amount, say 99 to 301 and then QUICKLY go through the sections looking for what you think could be a profitable transaction...then you go to ebay, amazon and try to get a feel for what this thing sells for.

In the case of exercise equipment, there is always stuff available and always stuff being sold. It takes a little time, I suggest you follow along on your local Kent craigslist, call and ask what their bottom line is (not as good as waving cash under their noses) but do 15 mins a day and get a feel for what is being sold.

As for Whiteboards. I'll have to find some pics that aren't personal.

I have people use a small whiteboard, about 2 to 3 feet by 2 ft or so, and homemade ones work great PAPER covered with clear contact paper, and it needs to hang or sit right next to the computer/desk where it can be looked at every day.

Across the top from left to right is the TIME line. How long is the project.
On the left side they draw a pryamid or bldg, this is also a time line but with the step by step process.

Starting at the END of the project, what does it look like? What is the finished project? Then you start backing down the steps of the pyramid until
you
]get
to the bottom, or the starting point.

This is a simplistic overview, but the start of the project is the End.

In Harvey Brody "speak", the bldg has a rooftop, and you have to clearly see the view from the rooftop, and then backs down the steps up the side, think of a fire escape on the side of the bldg... the very last step at the top is the step off rung, what does this look like.

By using a White Board, you can clearly see where you are at with your project, what stumbling blocks there are, and what you have to do to reach the top of the pyramid/bldg.

Gordon Alexander

Hi,

I 've heard mention of "white board use" before but can't find a description of the process. Can anyone enlighten me? I know, silly question, but always been a bit slow on the uptake ;-)

Part 2. Am about to invest in Gordon's Chatteling report. Any UK sowpubbers able to tell me how well the process works over this side of the pond. Only reason I ask is that Craigslist seems pretty light on reasonably priced offerings in Kent.

Thanks,

Paul.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page