Go to the Main Business Forum page

150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change - FREE ... GJA Mindset/Theory... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change - FREE ... GJA Mindset/Theory...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

sandalwood
June 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
Gordon,

Part of your post says,

"Everytime google serves me their ad, I go and put stuff in the shopping cart and then abandon it. I wonder if only 1000 people a day did this, if Respitrol would consider google ads as a good way to advertise? Hmmm, maybe I should start a group of Shopping Cart Abandoners to teach em a little lesson?"

Go to:

http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol13/shoppingcarts.htm

and read what they say the potential cost to retailers might be when people abandon their shopping cart. The article on this page is a bit dated so I have to imagine the dollar figures are larger in 2012. You might be on to something with this abandon shopping cart idea. If it happens enough times, google's data has to become skewered.

By the way, there is another site that shows merchants how to contact those of us who abandon our shopping cart. I won't list their url but the problem is being addressed. I don't know how successful they are in getting the abandoner to buy but that's not the point. The point is the merchants have recognized the problem.

Tom

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page