Go to the Main Business Forum page

How to Make $500.00 per TRANSACTION by Chatteling (buying and selling). [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to Make $500.00 per TRANSACTION by Chatteling (buying and selling).

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

GordonJ
June 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
hi GordonJ,

Thank you for providing this forum and this information on chatteling.

Can you tell me how you go about finding the market price for items to buy and sell please?

Amazon, eBay FINISHED listings and craigslists SOLD are the basics

I was wondering if you use a particular method for finding the price that buyers will pay.

Use the above ... real time answers, eBay COMPLETED listings give you a good idea.

I'm keen to do my homework well before parting with any money. I don't have much money to speculate with, so i need to be doubly careful.

Start small, 10 bux and get your feet wet, buy something and make a couple of bux, work your way up.

Also, do you know of anyone who uses this method to make a full time income and what kind of areas should i be looking to chattel.

Yes, many of them now own a storefront business but started buying and selling from their home. Comic books, antiques, watches, music store, furniture, several consignment store. Some people look for things, things they know about.

I look for UNDERVALUED chattel, I look for the GAP between what is being sold over here and what they will pay over there.

Get used to using eBay completed listings in an area you want to start in and you'll get an idea of what the market will PAY. Also Amazon.

Thank you
Steve

The biggest stumbling block for most people is their doubt and fear.

Start small, gain confidence and stand between a desperate seller and a hungry buyer, again, use the above to learn what is selling.

IF you have a hobby or an area of interest, daily spend a few minutes studying that market, use tools that let you search many craigslist listings...and keep at it.

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page